Surgery is Rarely Recommended for Back Pain

Many people believe they ultimately require surgery to fix their back pain. However, research shows that only 2-3% actually do – the other 97% only require conservative treatment and/or advice. Please click on title link above to view an article on a back surgeon’s perspective from ‘BackCare’.

Osteopaths are very good at relieving pain and speeding up recovery times for back problems, and can also provide helpful lifestyle and exercise advice.

surgery-708470_640

 

Shoulder Instability – Latest Research

Interesting shoulder course recently with Anju Jaggi, Consultant Physiotherapist.  Latest research is showing that surgery is no more effective than conservative treatment especially in relation to a-traumatic shoulder instability. New emphasis is now shifting towards improving motor control in supporting muscles and addressing abnormal movement patterns – osteopaths are skilled to help in this regard.  Click on the link from the title above to read more about her.

The Cure for Frozen Shoulder That No One Talks About